- The National Eligibility Test (NET), or an accredited test (State Level Eligibility Test SET/SLET) shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor however, NET/SET is not compulsory for candidate having PhD with certain terms and condition: UGC Regulation, 2009
- Exemption under following cases SET/SLET, Ph.D. degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
- Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
- An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate had been conducted;
- Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
- Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D work.
- The Ph D Degree with eight years of experience, and 7 research paper in peer reviewd /UGC listed journals for appointment and promotion to the post of Associate Professors.
- The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. And/orD. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/ research experience to be claimed for appointment to the teaching positions for candidates. However period of active service spent on pursuing Research Degree simultaneously with teaching assignment without taking any kind of leave shall be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion. The period of leave taken for pursuing Research Degree i.e. for acquiring Ph.D. degree shall not be counted as teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/ promotion
- In case of academic qualification from foreign University D degree from a university/institution with a ranking in top 500 in the World University ranking (at any time) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS), the Times Higher Education (THE) and Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai) only considered.
- The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for promotion to the post of Assistant Professor (Selection Grade/Academic Level 12) in Universities. The Ph.D. Degree shall be a mandatory qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in Universities with effect from 01.07.2021. For promotion to the post of Assistant Professor (Selection Grade/Academic Level 12) in Colleges, the Ph. D. shall be a mandatory qualification if the date of eligibility falls on or after 01.07.2021.
- Research and Publication from UGC approved journal will be considered for recruitment and Promotion unlike IIT and NIT faculty recruitment rule
See the complete Draft…